NeuroScience TravaCor – Serotonin GABA Neurotransmitter Supplement with 5-HTP, L-Theanine + Active Folate (120 Capsules)
Growth Rooted in NeuroScience Established in the Saint Croix River Valley near Osceola, Wisconsin in 2000 as a privately-owned professional grade dietary supplement company, NeuroScience began offering proprietary blends of amino acids designed specifically to provide precursors for nervous system molecules called neurotransmitters. After nearly two decades, NeuroScience is recognized as a top pro-grade brand
Growth Rooted in NeuroScience
Established in the Saint Croix River Valley near Osceola, Wisconsin in 2000 as a privately-owned professional grade dietary supplement company, NeuroScience began offering proprietary blends of amino acids designed specifically to provide precursors for nervous system molecules called neurotransmitters. After nearly two decades, NeuroScience is recognized as a top pro-grade brand delivering premium products containing amino acids, botanicals, vitamins, and minerals exclusively to thousands of licensed healthcare providers.
NeuroScience embraces the expectations of a rigorously regulated professional grade supplement brand. In addition to using FDA-inspected manufacturers that are cGMP (current good manufacturing practices) compliant, NeuroScience orders impartial third-party testing to verify label ingredient amounts are met, inspect for microbial contaminants, and test for contamination. We believe our comprehensive Quality Management System ensures consistent products that deliver consistent results.
- Contains a blend of ingredients shown to improve mood and reduce stress*
- Taurine: Neuroprotective amino acid that provides antioxidant protection and demonstrates GABA-A agonist activity [1-3].* GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain important for calm and sleep [4-6].
- L-theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist .* In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce stress 88].*
- 5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin .* Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function . In a randomized, double-blind study, 5-HTP was shown to significantly improve mood .*
- Vitamins B and C: Active forms of vitamin B6, folate, B12, and C are important for serotonin synthesis [12-16].*
- References:  Kumari N, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:19-27.  Shimada K, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;803:581-96.  Kletke O, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e61733.  Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.  Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.  Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.  Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-2686.  Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007; 74(1):39-45.
-  Shaw K, et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD003198.  Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.  Jangid P, et al. Asian J Psychiatr. 2013;6(1):29-34.  Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.  Bottiglieri T. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013;36(1):1-13.  Stahl S. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69(9):1352-3.  Antoniades C, et al. Circulation. 2006;114(11):1193-201.  May J, et al. Brain Res Bull. 2013;90:35-42.